Keeping watch over student news at East Leyden High School

Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Jesus Renteria, Reporter

Activision and Square Enix released a new Call of Duty on November 3 called Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The game is available on many platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC. This game features a jaw dropping new campaign, multiplayer and improved graphics.

The campaign is like an action movie. In almost every mission there are bullets flying or things exploding, which is awesome. American actor Kevin Spacey has an important role in the campaign. Spacey plays as Jonathan Irons, the owner of Atlas. Atlas is a private army.  The character you play is Jack Mitchell, who was enlisted in the marines six months before going to battle. The campaign story takes place in several places: South Korea, USA, Iraq, Greece, Bulgaria, Thailand, Nigeria and Antarctica in the mid-21st century(2054). The game is futuristic, with jetpacks, laser beam guns, and grenades that shoot out of your armor suit. It has a great plot and the graphics look amazing on the Xbox 360, so I can infer that it will look better on the Xbox One.

The Multiplayer features are endless, but the most drastic one is customization. There are a lot of options that are customizable: the guns, online Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare_3character, classes and settings. One cool thing is the option of changing your bullets to paintball bullets. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare gives you the option to customize your character. There’s are a variety of things you can customize in your character: hats, clothes, helmets, jetpacks , glasses and skin color. Another feature is the different ecosystem. While waiting in the lobby for the game to start, you can see other’s players characters. The new layout provides you with three screens. On the left side, you can view classes and maps armory and operator. There’s also a box that shows your inventory. In the middle of the screen, you can see your online characters, in addition to being able to zoom in and see their inventory and weapons. Lastly, on the right side of screen there is a table of the players gamertags with their rank. This game features a larger variety of grenades, more attachments for guns, different sights, a new tracker, and a mini map. Parabolic microphone suppress weapons fire appears on your mini map. It looks confusing in the beginning. First Game I went 0-5-0 Call-of-Duty-Advanced-WarfareK:D:A. Second game 14-8-3 K:D:A.  Each class has its own killstreak. Third game 18-11-5 K:D:A. Fourth game  21-14-1 K:D:A.  Fifth Game 20-6-3 K:D:A. The maps and the lobby were confusing at first, but after some games I got used to it.

Is the game worth buying?  I think it is worth buying, but not at retail price as Call of Duty games tend to lose value quickly. I bought Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for $40(including tax and shipping) and I got mine a week after the release day. Shortly after I made the purchase, I spotted Call of Duty:Ghosts on sale for $5 for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. As long as you get a discount for the game, it’s definitely worth buying.

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Arts and Entertainment

Help Through Hip-Hop

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Arts and Entertainment

Angel[ic] Art

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Arts and Entertainment

Music of the Holiday Concert

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

News

Razer Gaming Phone

• Arts and Entertainment

Last minute DIY Halloween costumes

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Arts and Entertainment

RDRII and Days Gone

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Arts and Entertainment

More Treats Than Tricks for Gamers

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Arts and Entertainment

Childhood

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Arts and Entertainment

Last Minute Halloween Makeup

• Minor Advances, Still Major Fun

Music

$he’s Back

Minor Advances, Still Major Fun