Keeping watch over student news at East Leyden High School

Winter Art Show..

Art Show, Art Show, Art Show. One of the greatest events that occur at Leyden each year is when students get to show off art piece that they have worked on for so long and are proud of in the end. East Leyden hosted had its winter art show on December 5 through December 7 in the Little Theater.

Senior Eduard Poienar went to the Art show and had a piece of his very own work presented in the show. “The art show is about expressing ourselves freely. We can all do different things in art and just relax and forget about other stuff that bothered us. I like the Art Show because all the students in the art department get to show us what they are doing in their classes and how talented they all are,” he said. “I always get excited when it’s time to present my work. It is fun to put my own pieces in the show, and it feels good to be appreciated.”

Poienar spends about two weeks on the piece displayed, and he said that he’s usually “in the AP studio Art class working with clay and making ceramic pieces.” With art being so intricate and detailed, Poienar advises everyone to have patience and to “definitely do it because you won’t regret it.”

Freshman Nicole Gabco said, “This is my first art show, and I found that pretty exciting that I get to show my work to others and how others get to show their work too. For the piece I have in the Art Show, I think it took me two weeks, but I really gave effort to it.” Gabco advises those who are thinking of taking an art course next year “to express yourself in art and show your creative side.”

• Winter Art Show..

Sports

Guzzi earns “C” during tough season

• Winter Art Show..

Arts and Entertainment

Ed Sheeran begins New Year by breaking silence

• Winter Art Show..

Columns

Electing Action

• Winter Art Show..

Opinions

Working on Thanksgiving

• Winter Art Show..

Local Sports

New Starters Bring Flexibility, Freshness

• Winter Art Show..

Opinions

Should Absence Penalties Change?

• Winter Art Show..

School News

Modern Language Festival

• Winter Art Show..

Sports

Diving Into the Start of a New Season

• Winter Art Show..

Arts and Entertainment

R.I.P Vine

• Top Stories

Veteran’s Day Tribute

Winter Art Show..