Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Margaret White to Take Part in All-State Production

In January of 2013 junior Margaret White, along with other high school technicians, will participate in the All-State production at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as part of the Illinois High School Theater Festival.

The IHSTF  is an annual three day event that attracts over 4,000 students and teachers. The three-day festival takes place every year in early January and showcases over 25 different high school productions and over 150 workshops.

The All-State production is an honor for any high school student wanting to do anything in the theater world.

The All-State production is, “a show that is annually performed at the Illinois High School Theater Festival. It consists of the best student technicians, actors, and musicians,” Vic Pilolla, Leyden’s Technical Director & Theater Productions Manager said.

White has been chosen to be in the All-State production for the first time, and it has had an impact on her theater experience.

“I have learned a lot more about being a technician and have made many new friends,” White said.

Being chosen to take part in the All-State show gives high school students a great experience for how the theater works. White has learned new things, from “new leadership skills and new communication skills,” that can help her make changes which will help out the theater program here at Leyden.