Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Leyden Theater Presents a Ho-Ho-Holarius Production

The Leyden Theater will put on a winter play called, “A Visit From Santa” on November 30th at 7 pm and December 1 & 2 at 2 pm in the East Auditorium.

The play will be divided into three parts, each starring the one and only Santa Claus.

“The first, Santa Goes Mod is a tale about Santa wanting to update his image by dumping his traditional red suit, his reindeer, and his sleigh–but will the children agree?” East counselor Bill Mitchell said.

“The second, The Year Santa Forgot Christmas is about Santa bumping his head and losing his memory, so the elves must help him remember the meaning of Christmas before it’s too late!” And the final show will be the “familiar holiday classic, A Visit From St. Nicholas which you may remember as popularized by the poem Twas the Night Before Christmas,” he added.

After the play, children are invited to take their picture with Santa, Mrs. Claus, and all the elves for free.

The director of “A Visit From Santa” is Adrianne Nix, an art teacher at East and also the director of last year’s fall play, “Dracula.”

She said she chose “A Visit From Santa” for this year’s winter play because she really wanted to do something for the children in the community, and the faculty at Leyden told her that they’d love to see a play where they could bring their children.

“The play has been going great so far and I love it!” said east sophomore Heidi Reinhofer, who plays Mrs. Claus in the play. She added that her fellow cast members are fun to be around and really great people.

Everyday after school she looks forward to play practice because she gets to see her friends and has a great time acting with them.

Tickets are $3 for adults, $2 for children and only $1 for children under 10.

2
View Comments (2)