Last Minute Costumes

Martha Leski

Leyden students show their Halloween spirit every year by dressing up to school! Their costume styles range from simple to well thought out.

Martha Leski, Reporter

Never got around to at least piecing together a creative Halloween costume? Don’t panic: The Talon has got you covered.

“What would I be if I desperately needed a Halloween Costume? I would paint and color a garbage brown and black and be a ninja turtle.”
Kuba Kondy, senior

“I would wrap myself in a white bedsheet. Toga party!”
Justin Aleman, sophomore

“If you can find a tie-dye shirt, you have a hippie costume.”
Efi Ntovas, senior

The key is creativity. Instead of digging out your basic cat ears and eyeliner whiskers, think outside of the box. An innovative idea may take your Halloween costume from last minute costume to first place costume.

“I would recommend working with a plain colored shirt. Instead of going as yourself and just wearing a red shirt, see if you can find some horns and you have a devil costume!”
Jazzy Abdic, junior

“Simple couple costumes can be really cute. Last year, my brother and his girlfriend went as Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson from Grease. All it took was some hair gel and a pink sweater.”
Monika Dimitrow, senior

A unique costume doesn’t require a lot of time or money. It just requires some thought. Instead of going as the person that didn’t have time to piece together a costume, go as a cartoon character, Greek god, hippie…the options are endless!