Keeping watch over student news at East Leyden High School

Falling Into the Festivities

Pumpkin patches anyone? Thats right, that time of the year is back and there are a vast majority of ways you can spend your October celebrating Halloween. From picking pumpkins to decorate, taking fall pictures with your friends, or making some Halloween spirited treats, we have some reviews and tips to share. Senior, Lauren Schuster says “ I’m pretty sure my first pumpkin patch was when I was a baby, but I pretty much go every year because I love the festivities of fall.” So will you be attending any pumpkin patches and getting involved in the fall festivities? Some patches that are within a good driving distance is Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch and Farm Home including 19 different features, Sonny Acres with a Spooky Haunted House and Haunted Hayride, and Siegels Cottonwood Farm known for its huge 15 acre corn maze. All of these patches are great for a family outing, fun date or just a place to go to bring out your inner Halloween Spirit!
But the celebration doesn’t stop there! After you take a drive home, take a stop at your local grocery store and pick up some cupcake mix and orange frosting to bake while you carve your new pumpkin. Some cool yet adorable designs include pumpkin designs on the cupcake, a fondu design of a headstone or even a spider web drawn in frosting as shown below. Some of our Leyden students have already started with these spooky ideas; Senior Olga Bulka has plans with her friends to spend the day focused all around Halloween . “ My friends and I are planning to go to a pumpkin patch and then all have a sleepover at one of our friends house after and were hoping to go on a fun hayride and go to cool corn mazes.” Whether it be pumpkin patches, trick or treating, baking or hanging with friends, Halloween can be celebrated in so many ways, so make sure to take a day to show your spooky spirit!

• Features

The Difference a Day Makes

• People and Places

Senior Snapshot

• Falling Into the Festivities

People and Places

H. H. Holmes

• Falling Into the Festivities

Arts and Entertainment

Last Minute Halloween Makeup

• Falling Into the Festivities

Features

13th Floor Haunted House

• Falling Into the Festivities

Features

Throwing Shades

• Falling Into the Festivities

Features

Senior Planning

• Falling Into the Festivities

Technology

Maxed Out

• Falling Into the Festivities

Student Life

Give a Teddy a Heart

• Falling Into the Festivities

Features

Nearby shop offers fast, authentic snacks

Falling Into the Festivities