Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Spring Break 2013 Bucket List

Many students are excited for school to be out and with less than 50 days left until the last day of school, students are already looking ahead to next week’s Spring Break. There is so much that can be done during our one week of spring break, but for those of you who are stuck on what to do here are a few suggestions:

MOVIES

Catch a movie with a group of friends. Stephanie Meyer’s, author of the Twilight books, has another book turned into a movie out this week called The Host. Former SNL cast member Tina Fey stars in Admission which is also out. You can catch Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. The Rock, in G.I. Joe: Retaliation which is also available in 3D.

You can go to Movico located in Rosemont. Tickets are $10 for adults, $6.50 for seniors and $7 for children. Bring your school ID for a discount!

SKYDIVING

For those who want to be out and are adventurous, skydiving can be an option. You can go to Skydive Chicago which is based in Ottawa, IL which reopened on March 16. You must be 18 years old. There is something for first time jumpers, groups, experienced jumpers and more. Prices vary from $119-$219 for first time jumpers and $24-$59 for experienced jumpers that are USPA members with an ¨ A¨ license or higher. For more information visit their website at www.skydivechicago.com

TRAMPOLINES

If skydiving is a little too much or you can’t do that but you are still adventurous there is something for you too, indoor trampolines! Extreme Trampolines in Carol Stream and Buffalo Grove are open from 10am- 10pm Monday- Thursday, 10am-11pm Friday & Saturday, 11am-9pm Sunday. If under 18 you need a waiver signed by parents. To get a waiver or for more information visit www.xtremetrampolines.com

LASER TAG

A great past time for you and your friends is a few rounds of Laser Tag. At Lazer X (in Addison) or Laser Quest (in Norridge) prices vary from $7-$17. They both offer group and birthday party packages. Call for more information: Lazer X (630)-691-9800 and Laser Quest (708)-457-2002.

CONCERT

There are plenty of musical events going on throughout the Chicagoland area. Rihanna will be at the United Center on Friday March 22. Tickets range from $44.00- $66.00.

ROAD TRIP

Grab a few of your closest friends and head out for a mini road trip. You don’t have to go far, just go explore and be safe! 

COLLEGE VISITS

It’s never too early or late to go on a college visit. Seniors can fit in any last minute visits during spring break. Juniors start now and don’t wait until the last minute. Sophomores and freshman there is nothing wrong with starting now.