Senior Financial Aid Night

Jesus Renteria, Reporter

Seniors, are you looking for help on how to get money for college? If so, come check out the Senior Financial Aid night with your parents on Thursday, November 6 at West Leyden. There will be two sessions: an English session in the Auditorium and a Spanish session in the Eagle’s Wing on the first floor. They’re both from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.  There will be a speaker from the Illinois Student Assistance commission for the evening and counselors from East and West to answer any questions you may have. “In only one hour, you will get some great information that could be the difference in whether or not you’re able to afford college,” said Cynthia Gustafson, counselor at East Leyden. Students will learn ways to finance their education and how, when and why to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). FAFSA is the application that students submit to colleges or universities to determine how much financial aid they can receive. It is recommended that students give their undivided attention to the speaker. “Please put away your phones. This information is extremely important in learning how to pay for school,” stated Ms.Gustafson. Don’t miss this great opportunity to have your questions answered about financing your future!