Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Leyden Continues The St. Baldrick’s Tradition

St. Baldrick’s is right around the corner and Leyden faculty, staff, and students have geared up for another year of head-shaving for a good cause.

St. Baldrick’s is a head-shaving fundraiser for childhood cancer research.

During this event both teachers and students can donate money or their hair in an effort to help fund cancer research. Every dime spent on haircuts during St. Baldrick’s will go towards helping the children who are suffering from cancer.

This year the Leyden Wrestling team will also be shaving their heads as well as selling t-shirts with all proceeds going to St. Baldrick’s.

According to their website,  St. Baldrick’s has raised over 103 million dollars since 2005, with 25 million from 2012 alone.

West Leyden teachers shaved their heads on Thursday, March 14, and East teachers have been shaving their heads today during the lunch periods.

Both East and West students got the chance to shave their teachers’ heads by donating money and entering the raffle for this event.

West Leyden students have the chance to shave their heads for a good cause during West Leyden’s Safe Celebration on Wednesday, March 20, and East students will have the same opportunity at their Safe Celebration on Thursday, March 21.

In the past six years Leyden has raised over $70,000.

1
View Comments (1)