Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Leydenettes IHSA Recognition Marks A Return To Competitions

The Leydenettes had their first competition on November 17 at Fremd High School.

“We are competing this year because this school year is the first school year that Dance Team is considered a competitive sport under IHSA (Illinois High School Association),” Marissa Kapinos, the Leydenettes head coach, said.

The Leydenettes used to compete several years ago, but they were not IHSA sponsored events.

“The competitions used to be run by private companies, but now that we are considered an official sport,” they can compete at IHSA events.

The Leydenettes performed a Pom/Kick routine to the song “Promises” by Nero.

Although the team did not place, they were able to go out and begin competing.

“We got a lot of good feedback from the judges that we will be able to use at practice in the next few weeks in preparation for our next competition.”

The next competition will be on December 22 at the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates. Along with the competitions, the Leydenettes will also be performing at home basketball games.

1
View Comments (1)