Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

New Tech Gadgets Sure to Score During Black Friday

This year has been full of new technological products that have students and adults alike running to stores to pick up the latest gadget. With Black Friday coming up, these products may soon be flying off the shelfs. The following is a quick list of new devices that have been launched by some of the more well known technology and software companies:

APPLE, inc. (http://www.apple.com)
Computers

iMac: iMac surprised everyone with their release of the newest version which comes with a thinner design, and it is faster and more powerful with an i5 or an i7 processor. It also comes with the USB 3 port and the Thunderbolt port which increases the speed of transfers and use the use of compatible devices. It also includes Apple’s new technology called, “Fusion Drive” which puts together the HDD and the Flash Drive, and is able to intelligently move your files to one of those drives for better performance and speeds.

Macbook Pro line:  The entire Macbook Pro line has been upgraded with Retina display, and they are faster than before; they include new USB 3 ports and Thunderbolt ports.

Mac mini: The mini has been upgraded to reach speeds up to twice as fast and has high velocity versatility with USB 3 and Thunderbolt ports.

Mobile devices-

iPhone 5: The new iPhone includes a whole new design, brilliant 4-inch display, and a 8MP camera that is capable of recording 1080p HD video. It has ultra fast wireless, a powerful A6 chip, has been upgraded to the iOS 6 Firmware, Facebook was added as a native app, and plenty more upgrades and features.

iPod Touch nano: This device has been completely re-designed with video reproduction capability, Bluetooth technology, radio, and more.

New iPod Touch: The newest iPod touch features a new design, 4-inch display, iSight camera with 5MP and capable of recording  1080p HD video, and a dual-core A5 chip which allows for up to twice the speed and seven times faster graphics.

iPad mini: The newest from the iPad line features a 7.9-inch display, ultra fast wireless, dual-core A5 chip, and includes the features of a normal iPad and more.

iPad with Retina display:  The third generation iPad includes a Retina display, powerful A6X chip with speeds twice as fast,  wireless speeds twice as fast, Bluetooth 4.0, and more.

Google inc. (http://www.google.com/nexus)

Nexus 4: A newest phone from Google includes: a quad-core processor of 2GB of RAM, 4.7-inch HD display, 8MP camera, Photo Sphere camera feature, Google Now, and more.

Nexus 7: The first Google tablet offers a thin, light, and portable design with a 7-inch display, a NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 processor, and more.

Nexus 10; The second of the Nexus tablet line offers a powerful A15 chip processor, with the world’s highest 10-inch resolution display, a A15 chip processor, and lots of other features.

Sony inc.(http://www.sony.com/index.php)

PS3 upgrade; This new PS3 has been upgraded to a thinner design with the same features of the last PS3.

PS Vita; This is the new Playstation portable device with touch panels front and back,  analog sticks, 5-inch OLED display, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, cellular network capabilities, and more.

Microsoft inc.  (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx)

Microsoft Surface Tablet: The new tablet from Microsoft has Windows 8, a magnetic attachable touch or physical keyboard, and more.

Halo 4: This new game for Xbox has been developed by 343 Industries, and it is the first title in the Halo series’ newest trilogy called “Reclaimer Trilogy”.

If you would like to know more about the devices visit their websites.