Ready, Aim, Fire

Jesus Renteria, Reporter

Due to popular demand and help from a group of parents, a new club might be coming soon to East Leyden: The Paintball Club. The leader of this club is Samuel Crespo, sophomore at East Leyden. Crespo started paintballing freshman year and fell in love with it.  He said, “it reminded me of video games.” Crespo wanted students to try Paintball; therefore, he is trying to create a place where they can play together.

The Paintball club has only had one meeting so far.  Mr.Pecucci and over 40 students were there. In the meeting, Crespo described the club and told his plan for getting it going. They don’t have an assigned date for the next meeting yet, but they need a sponsor and funds. Crespo implied that the sponsor should be easygoing, responsible, and interested in paint balling.

The Paintball Club hopes to meet on Saturdays and will be going to O’hare Paintball Park. The students will be playing against each other or other players at the park.  To join the club you will have to pay $100 for the membership, and you can get that money by fundraisers. Some parents have already donated money to get the club started. Depending on how much they raise, the club is hoping to play every two or three weeks. There is no experience necessary to join and transportation will be provided. Crespo requests that students ask their teachers if they are interested in being a sponsor and ask their friends to join.