Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Watching over East Leyden

Bulls Start Off On The Wrong Foot

The Chicago Bulls had a lot of speed bumps on their way to the playoffs last year. With Derrick Rose being hurt with a torn ACL, the Bulls were weakened and did not have a key point guard to count on. The team went five and two in the preseason without him.

Derrick Rose was out the entire pre-season and doctors still don’t know when or even if he will be back for this season.

The Bulls so far this season are four and three without Rose.

Senior Anthony Martinez who is an avid Bulls fan since he was six and is on the varsity basketball team is optimistic and said, “I think the Bulls are going to do pretty good and be top contenders.”

Kirk Hinrich was out with a strained groin during preseason, and since then has not been playing much.

Nate Robinson has taken his place for two preseason games. Robinson who is an ex New York Knicks guard, stepped up and he averaged 22.5 points, 10.5 Assists, and shot 54.6 percent from the field. Robinson looks to be another key fit for the Bulls if he can stay healthy and work with Rose.

Key returning players from the team are Richard Hamilton, Carlos Boozer, and Luol Deng.

Shooting guard Marco Belinelli has struggled this preseason shooting only 29 percent.

Returning starter Deng looks to be a key role in scoring and on defense for the Bulls again this year. He is averaging 13.5 points per game with a bothered wrist.

Martinez added that “Luol Deng is a good defender and he could do it all.”

A team to look out for is the Indiana Pacers. They are a powerhouse that could defeat the Bulls at a Central Division Championship.

Martinez stated, “ the Bulls can beat the Pacers with good team defense.”

In the preseason the Bulls defeated the pacers 97 to 90 with a close ending.

The Bulls have a lot of work to do before serious talks of a championship, but it is not completely out of the question for this year.

3
View Comments (3)